Once upon a time, the panes were a single rustic goat god, who was able to split himself into various incarnations and avatars. Over time, the god’s separate divinities acquired a personality and life all their own, and he allowed them to grow as his children. The god died millennia ago, but his eidolons lived on and propagated his bloodline. The panes today have are only barely divine, but they carry on the good spirit and artistry of their progenitor.
PAN RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Panes are quick and likable, but weaker than they look.
• Medium: Panes are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties for size.
• Monstrous Humanoid: Panes are monstrous humanoids.
• Fast Speed: Panes have a base speed of 40 feet.
• Darkvision: Panes can see up to 60 feet in the dark.
• Low-Light Vision: Panes can see twice as far as humans in dim light.
• Forest Slip (Ex): Panes are never impeded by difficult terrain in a forest and they gain a +2 racial bonus on Stealth checks in forests.
• Pipes of Panic (Sp): A pan able to make music can cause a number of things to happen. They gain the following as spell-like abilities usable once per day each, at a caster level equal to their character level: charm person, sleep, fear. The pan may not use these spell-like abilities if he cannot make sound (such as within the area of a silence spell).
• Satyr Aptitudes: Panes gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception, Perform, and Stealth and these are always treated as class skills.