Cursed children of the gods, the pheres were once a rare omen in the Hellens. However, since the minotaur children of Pasileus slew the old king, they have spread their cursed seed across the island nation, and the new generation of horned beastmen are on a steady, terrible rise. Naturally violent and prone to fits of anger, the pheres temper themselves for the trials and prejudices of the civilized lands.
PHER RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence: Pheres are powerful and quick, but dull of wit.
• Medium: Pheres are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties
• Monstrous Humanoid: Pheres are creatures with the monstrous humanoid type.
• Normal Speed: Pheres have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Darkvision: Pheres can see up to 60 feet in the dark.
• Low-Light Vision: Pheres can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
• Ferocity: A pher remains conscious and can continue fighting even if his hit point total is below 0. The pher is still staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. A pher still dies when its hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to its Constitution score.
• Gore: A pher can make a gore as a secondary natural attack for 1d4 damage.
• Pheren Immunities: Pheres are immune to magical confusion, including the maze spell, and gain a +2 bonus on saving throws versus daze effects.