In a prior age, the charites were the attendants and servants to the gods. Formerly mortal maidens and nymphs, the charites were granted apotheosis by the gods for their beauty and grace. With the death of the Panthaiad, the charites have kept their beauty, but lost all the graces of their old station. Today, a charis is as likely to be hunted and burned by god-fearing plebians as she is to be made a slave to some over-ambitious demigod or warlord. Those who survive with their freedom intact do so with guile, charm, and wisdom.
CHARIS RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Charites are graceful and beautiful, but lack physical might.
• Medium: Charites are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Outsider (native, Olympian): Charites are outsiders with the native and Olympian subtypes.
• Normal Speed: Charites have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Ageless: A charis does not experience any of the benefits or penalties of aging beyond adulthood and is effectively immortal, never dying of old age.
• Hale: A charis has immunity to mundane diseases and a +4 racial bonus on saves against magical diseases.
• Innate Spells (Sp): A charis gains the following as spell-like abilities usable once per day each: charm person, sanctuary, and suggestion. The DCs for these spell-like abilities use the charis’ Charisma modifier.
• Natural Aptitude (Ex): A charis gains a +1 racial bonus with Bluff, Diplomacy, and Handle Animal checks, with the bonus increasing by 5 per 5 character levels.
• Supernal Beauty (Su): Once per day, as a standard action, the charis may unveil her Olympian beauty; all creatures within 30 feet of the charis must make a Will save (DC 10 + ½ the charis’ character level + the charis’ Charisma modifier) or suffer a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws and skill checks for 1 hour as her beauty distracts and bedazzles them. This is a mind-affecting effect.