Sons of the ancient Dactyls, the curetes are master smiths and skilled healers who took the role of protectors and assistants to the pantheons. These stout warriors chose the losing side during the Mornthus War, and as a result, their hidden holdings have been exposed and given over to the mortals, and their old tribes have been shattered. Bitter but stoic, the surviving curetes sell their services to acceptable mortals and quietly plan their revenge.
CURETAS RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Curetes are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
• Medium: Curetes are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Outsider (native, Olympian): Curetes are outsiders with the native and Olympian subtypes.
• Slow and Steady: Curetes have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
• Darkvision: Curetes can see in the dark up to 120 feet.
• Craftsman: Curetes are known as skilled metallurgists and healers. They receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks related to metal and to all Heal checks.
• Defensive Training: Curetes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
• Giant Hunter: Curetes gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoids with the giant subtype. Furthermore, they gain a +2 bonus on Survival checks to find and follow tracks made by humanoids with the giant subtype.
• Hardy: Curetes gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
• Stability: Curetes gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
• War Dancer: Curetes can skillfully negotiate rocky terrain. They can ignore difficult terrain created by rubble, broken ground, or steep stairs when they take a 5-foot step.