Ever since they were spawned from the earth, the gigantes have been the enemies of the gods. For the longest time, the gigantes lived on the outside of civilization, biding their time and building their numbers in places the gods overlooked. With the end of the Mornthus War, the gigantes are now free to explore Hellenic society. Most are eager to enjoy the fruits and pleasures of the urban lifestyle, even as they struggle against the laws and authorities of the city-states.
GIGAS RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, –2 Dexterity: A gigas is strong and tough, but awkward and imbalanced.
• Medium: Gigantes are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties
• Humanoid (giant): Gigantes are humanoids with the giant subtype.
• Normal Speed: Gigantes have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Darkvision: A gigas can see in the dark out to 60 feet.
• Ancient Grudge (Su): The gigantes were raised from the earth itself to oppose the gods; they benefit from a +2 bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws made against outsiders with the Olympian or daimon subtypes. This bonus increases by +1 every 4 character levels.
• Earthen Skin: A gigas gains a natural armor bonus by +1.
• Keeper of Beasts: Gigantes gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate and Handle Animal checks.
• Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of gigantes lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a gigas is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for a Combat Maneuver Bonus or Combat Maneuver Defense (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the gigas is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A gigas is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A gigas can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
• Strong Back (Ex): A gigas’ body is built to carry weight and exert force. They treat their Strength score as 4 points higher when calculating carrying capacity, performing a sunder combat maneuver, or making a Strength check to manipulate an object.