The panotii are a foreign tribe from the north, who’ve recently become involved in the Hellenic economy. With much of the city-states’ farmlands and seas in an uproar, the large-eared barbarians have advanced their technologies by trading goods and resources from their homeland to impoverished cities of the Hellens.
PANOTUS RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Strength: Panotii are nimble and keen, but most of their musculature goes into supporting their big ears.
• Medium: Panotii are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties
• Normal Speed: Panotii have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Blindsense: Panotii have blindsense out to 10 feet. A panotus loses the benefits of his blindsense while it is deafened or otherwise cannot hear his target.
• Ear Gust: Panotii gain a +2 racial bonus on bull rush and trip attempts.
• Flight (Ex): When a panotus reaches 5 Hit Dice, he gains a fly speed of 40 feet (average). A panotus can’t fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Panotii can fly for a number of rounds equal to twice their Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round), but they can glide between rounds of flight to extend their air time. When they reach 10 Hit Dice, panotii can fly indefinitely, can fly while fatigued or exhausted, and can fly while carrying medium or heavy loads.
• Furred Ears: Panotii gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against cold effects. A panotus can exist comfortably in temperatures as low as 0 degrees Fahrenheit without having to make Fortitude saves.
• Gliding (Ex): A panotus can use his wings to glide, negating damage from a fall of any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of distance. Panotii glide at a speed of 40 feet (average maneuverability). A panotus can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load. If a panotus becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, he descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, if he would take any falling damage.
• Keen Senses: A panotii’s keen eyes and giant ears grant them a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks.