Born from the bones of dragons, the spartoi are a race of hardy, powerful warriors. Each new brood of spartoi has spawned a nation, whether by the tips of their spears or the awe their presence inspires. Many city-states that survive today were founded on the shoulders of these dragonkin, and rely on their stabilizing presence to keep the peace in the face of societal collapse.
SPARTOS RACIAL TRAITS
• +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Intelligence: Spartoi are hardy and hold themselves with an air of authority, but tend to be rigid thinkers.
• Medium: Spartoi are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Dragon: Spartoi are creatures with the dragon type.
• Normal Speed: Spartoi have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Darkvision: Spartoi can see up to 60 feet in the dark.
• Low-Light Vision: Spartoi can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
• Fearless: Spartoi get a +2 racial bonus on saves against fear. A spartos does not suffer from the effects of the shaken condition, though he is still considered to be shaken.
• Natural Armor: Spartoi get a +2 natural armor bonus due to their thick, banded scales.
• Noble Bearing: Spartoi get a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks.
• Stability: Spartoi gain a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.